Totally free no obligation consulting service for UK settlement applications from Thai, Cambodian and Laos nationals.
With over 10 years combined ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) experience in assessing more than 5,000 settlement applications from Thai and Cambodian nationals in Bangkok we believe we can provide the best advice for anyone seeking to settle with family members in the UK. We are looking to disrupt the traditional visa agency space by offering a unique online service.
What is a settlement visa?
There are several main categories of settlement visa:
- The spouse visa for a Thai national married to a UK national is the most popular route to settlement and is probably the most straightforward of the settlement visa categories.
- A fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner that will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving, after which time they can apply for an extension.
- It is also possible for unmarried partners who do not intend to get married to apply for settlement but there are additional requirements to consider.
- Child settlement is available for children of Thai nationals who have already obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or are in the process of making their own settlement application. Depending on the circumstances a child settlement application can be relatively straightforward or incredibly difficult.
- The Adult Dependent Relative route to settlement is rarely used and the rules have been constructed in such a way as making this the most difficult (if not impossible) category in which to succeed.
Benefits of a Settlement Visa:
- 33 month visa (in most cases, child applicant rules can vary) to live with a family member in the UK. After this qualifying period, and assuming that certain criteria are met, the Thai national can apply for ILR to stay permanently in the UK. (Note that an applicant applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner that intends to marry within 6 months of arriving will only be issued a 6 month visa).
- The ability to travel in and out of the UK without always having to apply for a visit visa.
- Access to all public services in the UK (Once ILR has been obtained).
- Start working legally from the day you arrive (adults only issued 33 month visa).
How we work
In essence everything you need to complete the application process is already available online either from UKVI and/or VFS and you should in theory be able to do everything yourself. All we do is help guide you through the myriad of available information and guidance to ensure a smooth process. Our consultants work as an ex-ECO collective and we do everything online using your preferred method (Skype or Facebook Messenger for example) so just because we may not be able to meet face to face we still like to think we offer a very personal service. We are also available 24/7.
"We had previously obtained a visitor visa for the UK but with our son growing up fast we decided to relocate from Thailand to the UK. We were a little daunted by making the spouse visa application but Settlement UK Visas helped us get everything together and the application was processed successfully in a very timely manner. We are now a happy settled family in the UK and highly recommend this service" D&D
"After using a visa agent in Bangkok my girlfriend's visa was refused due to some very poor advice, we applied again and were refused a second time along with a 10 year ban. We then approached Settlement UK Visas who guided us through the process in applying for the visa ourselves, our third application for a visitor visa was successful and Settlement UK Visas are now helping us get together all the required documents for the spouse settlement visa" A&K
Settlement UK Visas
Thailand SMS: +66 (0) 89 531 2545
Is your service really free?
Yes, just contact us for a chat and we can discuss your specific requirements. With an in-depth knowledge of how applications are assessed we can offer advice on how to make a successful application. Once your application is successful all we ask for is a donation, whether you choose to do this (and the amount) is entirely up to you. (As they say in Thailand "up to you")